Bears seek 2017 Physio
Coventry Bears Rugby League club is seeking a Physio for our 2017 season
The role is PART-TIME
The role represents a great opportunity to work with an exciting and developing semi- professional rugby league club which competes in Kingstone Press League One.
Fully qualified in physiotherapy (degree qualification) this is a must have due to RFL protocols , unfortunately we cannot accept applications from Sports Therapists.
Post qualification experience working in a sports team environment would be advantageous
Experience of working with a rugby league team or similar contact sport with pitch side duties would also be advantageous
Hold an IMMOFP Rugby League pitch side qualification or be willing to go on the course prior to pre-season would be necessary
Have experience of strapping and sports injury and rehabilitation
· Be capable of working with our club doctor
· Have emergency first aid training
· Available for clinics at training on Tuesdays and Thursday nights (6-7pm)
· Available for all game days on weekends (Mostly Sundays Feb-Sept)
· Able to manage a small team of sports therapists
· Able to manage players one to one with rehabilitation and consultation
· Local to the West Midlands area, ideally Coventry and Warwickshire area
· Be professional and punctual and have very good communication skills
· Have experience of managing a budget
· Be willing to travel overseas with the team on extended trips (Possible France/ Canada 3-4 days)
The Role will run from:
PRE-SEASON (December 2016-February 2017)
£25 per hour for cover during pre-season (2 hours per week at training for 12 weeks)
IN-SEASON (February 2017-September 2017)
The Role is £75 per match day for home and away games (estimated 27 match days)
£25 per hour for 2 clinics on Tuesdays and Thursdays (2 hours per week clinic time)
Expenses are not included with this role
Other administration will be expected to be carried out to ensure you are effective in your role. This will include communication with the coaching and management teams.
The successful candidate will be expected to spend time with our team and staff prior to our season ending this summer in September to be brought up to speed on our processes and protocols.
Training will be provided and paid for if required such as IMMOFP RFL Qualification.
To apply please email email@example.com